Job Title: Branch Service Technician
Reports to: Branch Operation Manager
CLC is offering a $2,000 sign on bonus.
This position is eligible for annual bonus package plus employee stock program at no cost. This position is a full-time permanent with a Monday through Friday only schedule that is on first shift. No after hours road service work.
Purpose: This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of semi-trailers and other equipment at our Louisville location along with some roadside locations. On occasion, back up and cover the front office as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, repair and maintain semi-trailers and other heavy equipment at our Louisville location along with occasional customer locations utilizing a service van equipped with air, electric and welding equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventative maintenance of trailers and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 1-year experience as a journeyman mechanic with semi-trailer or heavy truck repair.
- Ability to drive a yard tractor to reposition and park trailers in the yard and shop.
- Must have the ability to perform FHWA inspections on semi-trailer
- Ability to work independently outdoors in all conditions.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in semi-trailer repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Use of power tools and hand tools.
- Knowledge of welding and cutting.
- Must have appropriate hand tools and safety boots.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Physical Demands Work Environment:
- Regularly requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balance, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or other mechanically related physical demands.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the primary responsibilities and duties associated with the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of assignments, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]