Role Description – Refrigeration Sales Representative
Purpose: Manage and develop a sales territory by adding new customers as well as continuing to partner with existing ones by exceeding their expectations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage existing customer base by building strong relationships and keeping them apprised of new company offerings and industry trends.
- Prepares quotes, contracts and RFP/RFI responses with accurate pricing and specifications, entering the interactions into the company CRM for tracking and review with management.
- Actively maintain, develop and grow a rigorous pipeline, with accurate forecasting.
- Actively prospect for new sales opportunities using all available tools such as cold calling, Prospect Smarter, Linkedin, NAICS, industry lists and publications etc.
- Respond timely to the customer’s following through on all aspects of their requests.
- Act as technical consultant to the customer by developing an understanding of their needs and pain points to develop solutions using whatever company resources and personal as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of company activities, industry trends & government regulations.
- Maintain a high degree of communication, cooperation, and coordination with all internal departments.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Excellent time management, organization and communications skills; oral, written and telephone.
- Ability to develop long term plans and programs.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical skills and statistical background.
- Well organized and self-directed.
Education: BA/BS Degree in a relative discipline plus 2-4 years of sales experience.