Job Title: Driver/Inspector
Reports to: Branch Operations Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Driver to pick-up and drop-off trailers as needed: 20% – 75% depending
on current projects.
- Drive yard horse to jockey trailers in the yard.
- Inspect semi-trailers inside the facility and at customer locations.
- Check for damage and wear-and-tear damage.
- Inspect and assess the condition of all of trailers essential mechanical systems
- Maintain all trailer inspection records.
- Prepare reports based on findings from the inspections to be presented to the
Branch Manager for approval. In some instances, inspection reporting may be
directed to fleet managers and/or mechanics.
- Ability to drive a yard tractor to reposition and park trailers in the yard and shop.
- Other related operational tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Valid CDL Driver’s License for class 8 tractor
- Good customer service skills
- Tolerance for working outside in adverse weather conditions
- Some knowledge of semi-trailers a big plus
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Well organized and self-directed
- Ability to drive a forklift a plus
High School diploma or equivalent
Physical Demands Work Environment:
- Regularly requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching with hands and arms,
climbing, balance, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or other mechanically
related physical demands.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
The above is intended to describe the primary responsibilities and duties associated
with the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
assignments, responsibilities, or requirements.